What Marisa’s Fans Are Saying
Marisa has received critical acclaim and accolades, not only from the many children whose lives she has touched, but also from notable individuals who appreciate the positive impact that Marisa is making on the youngest generation. They are our future!
… I really hope that you win not just one, but many accolades since your work is so amazing. You truly deserve the recognition.”
…I’m sure there will be many more awards. You deserve all good things to come to you. It is a testimony to your talent, your determination, and your love of children.”
…an amazing story for children all over the world to learn about the Puerto Rican “coqui” and other cultural insights of the island. The story also fosters friends and family values which describe our Puerto Rican society.”
There should be a ‘coquí’ in every child’s shoe. Congratulations.”
A Few of The Endorsers of
the Coquí ™
- Rita Moreno (the only female performer to win all four of the most prestigious show business awards: 1962 Oscar for West Side Story, Emmy for The Muppets & Rockford Files, Tony for The Ritz on Broadway, Grammy for the Electric Company album, etc.).
- Mr. and Mrs. José Feliciano (José Feliciano is acclaimed as the greatest living guitarist, awarded over 45 Gold & Platinum records, won 16 Grammy nominations & 6 Grammy Awards, best known all over the world for his song Feliz Navidad, etc.).
- Juan “Chi Chi” Rodriguez (Professional Golfer, 22 Senior PGA Tour wins & 8 regular PGA Tour wins, Herb Graffis and Bob Jones Awards, Inductee into the World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame and Golf Hall of Fame in United States and Puerto Rico, Founder of the Chi Chi Rodriguez Youth Foundation, etc.)
- Pedro “Cuban Pete” Aguilar (Puerto Rican Mambo Master; Latin dancer recognized in the Latin Jazz Exhibit, Smithsonian Institute, Washington, D.C.).
- Luis E. Rodriguez-Rivera, Secretary of the Department of Natural and Environmental Resources, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- William J. Burkhardt, Principal, Liberty High School, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- Dr. J. Robert Dornish, Professor Emeritus, Kutztown University, Kutztown, Pennsylvania (teacher of children’s literature at the graduate and undergraduate levels for 28 ½ years).
- Peter Galvin, Legal Director, The Center for Biological Diversity, Garberville, California.
Marisa’s Little Fans
Bringing joy to children is such a driving passion for Marisa; it’s a big part of what keeps the inspiration flowing! Below are some praise and comments from Marisa’s tiniest fans, though their impact on her life and work is far from tiny. She loves them all very much. If you would like to see photos of the cute little guys and gals head on over to the gallery page.
... the book is so colorful. May 15th turned out to be a bad day in the beginning but when you guys came at the end of the day it turned out to be one of the greatest days of my life!!!”
I can't wait to see you for the first time and take a picture with you and thank you for the t-shirt, have a great and amazing life!!!”
... I like your book and it is wonderful and the drawings were amazing too and I am obsessed with coqui's.”
Dear Marisa, What inspired you to be an author? I'm I'm iksidid to meet you! - Love, Meghon”